Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Why is my Virgin Mobile Rumor Touch turning itself off and then right back on when I slide it to close it?

It's not everytime I slide it shut. Only sometimes. But, it's still annoying and disruptive when I'm in the middle of doing something or nearly finished. :/Why is my Virgin Mobile Rumor Touch turning itself off and then right back on when I slide it to close it?
Hi, sorry you're experiencing these problems. I have the rumor touch also (with sprint) and I experienced this problem. Assuming you got your phone fairly recently (this was one of the problems that occured a few months after I started using it) I'm going to guess it happens to you maybe every other day. Let me just tell you, im afraid it only gets worse. You'll go from sliding it and it restarting, to a big messaging problem. When you try to send a text message, the circle that says the message is sending just goes around and around for a minute and a half, then tells you "the message cannot be sent". Very frustrating. When this happens, you must open the phone, take out the battery for 30 seconds, put it back in, and reset your phone. As if this isn't frustrating enough, it gets worse. In the last 2 weeks, my calibration has been absolutely horrific. (if you don't know, calibration is where the cursor goes when you physically touch the screen). When you get a notification and are prompted to "unlock" the phone by sliding the bar at the bottom of the screen, you'll see that you cannot even do this. If you hold the lock key on the right side of the phone, it'll unlock but your calibration problem will force you to slide open the phone and use the keyboard arrows to navigate through the phone. If this wasn't bad enough, I've found it is IMPOSSIBLE to send a text message. There is no "send" button, and when I tap "done" it thinks I'm tapping in the middle of the screen. I've redone the calibration test endless times with no results. I hate to say it, but this phone is a POS (excuse my language). Your best bet would be going into a virgin mobile store and telling them about the problems. If not, you can go on eBay and buy a phone, bring it to VM and tell them you'd like to activate that one instead. Very sorry about this, best of luck!! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment