Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Can my Sprint LG Rumor Touch get a virus?

I have the Internet, and since I like to surf the web and download apps and whatnot, I want to make sure I can scroll along freely without having to worry.Can my Sprint LG Rumor Touch get a virus?
You can, however, get your SD card infected with a virus that could be spread to pcs. I would use pc antivirus software to regularly scan your microSD.



Other than that additional note, I agree with the "no" answer as well.Can my Sprint LG Rumor Touch get a virus?
In short, no.



Long answer:

Technically, it could, but a virus developer would have to be VERY specific and VERY detailed in creating it. Because your phone isn't a smartphone, it has a very specific user interface that the developer would have to crack and find a way to get a virus in. Most virus developers are kind of lazy and wouldn't care nearly that much to work so hard to create that sort of virus, especially because there are not that many people with your phone. So no one really even makes viruses for your phone. Unless you have an arch enemy that happens to be a computer genius/virus creator that wants to harm you, I think your safe.



For just going on the Internet, nothing is downloaded to your phone besides minute things that are basically undetectable. You're just accessing a server. This means that there is no way to really transfer a virus to your phone in the first place
  • jdm
  • play chess against computer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment